Consent forms are added to the Documents page when you sign or decline them. When a study team member signs a consent form that you signed, we update the .PDF file in MyVeeva for Patients to include their electronic signature at the end.
You can also view and download other study documents if you’re a participant, guardian, or proxy. The documents could include instructions for using home medical devices, information about payments, or other information that your study site shares with you.
Viewing Your Documents
- Select View Documents in the invitation email, or log in and select the Documents page in the sidebar. If all your tasks are complete, we also open the Documents page when you log in.
- To view a document, select its linked name in the Document Name column.
- To find a document, you can complete any of the following actions:
- Enter text in the Search Documents box to search for a document by name.
- Select an option from the Sorted By list to sort the documents by name or recent activity.
- Select a study from the All Studies list next to the search box to filter the list by study.
Documents page in the iOS app Documents page in the Android app
- Select the Dashboard icon ( ) and select Documents. If all your tasks are complete, we also open the Documents page when you log in.
- Select the document that you want to view from the list.
Downloading Your Documents
- Select the Download PDF button ( ) to download a .PDF copy of a document. The file is saved to the default location used by your browser.
Downloading a document in the iOS app Downloading a document in the Android app
- Select the document that you want to download.
- If the document is a consent form, select the ellipsis (...) at the top and select Save as PDF.
- If the document is not a consent form, select the Share icon ( ) .
- Select Save to Files.
- Select a location to save the .PDF file to.
- Select Save.